1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS Joy of Mom (JOM) provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time here. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, policies and notices (the “Agreement”).
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE JOM provides users with access to a rich collection of resources through its network of properties (the “Service”). The Service includes a full copy of the current joyofmom.com site and other social media and content features.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new JOM properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that JOM assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service by joining through JOM’s registration page and understand that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
JOM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that JOM shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
JOM may change, add or remove any part of this Agreement, or any other terms associated with the use of the site, at any time, by posting a notice of such changes to the Terms of Service page of the Web site. Any changes shall become part of the Agreement and shall apply as soon as such a notice is posted. By continuing to use JOM after the notice is posted, you are indicating your acceptance of those changes.
4. FEES AND PAYMENTS JOM does charge you fees to become a premium member. To access designated portions of the Service you will be required to register and create an account.
5. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT CREATION As part of the registration and account creation process required to obtain access to portions of JOM’s Service, you will select a member ID (username) and a password. You will provide JOM with certain registration information, all of which must be accurate and updated (if any of your registration information changes, you can update it by visiting our my profile page). You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your JOM account including, but not limited to, use of the account by any person authorized by you to use your member ID and password.
6. USER CONTENT Joy of Mom does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship or any other materials (collectively, “User Content”) that you upload to, submit to or embed in our Services. You represent and warrant that you own the User Content posted by you or that you otherwise have sufficient right, title and interest in and to such User Content to grant us the licenses and rights set forth below without violating, infringing or misappropriating the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owed any person by reason of any User Content posted by you. After posting, uploading or embedding User Content to our Services, you continue to retain such responsibility for and rights in such User Content as you held prior to posting such User Content on our Services, except that you waive all moral rights in such User Content. By displaying or publishing any User Content on or through our Services, you hereby grant to Joy of Mom a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, adapt, modify (e.g., re-format), re-arrange and distribute your User Content for any purpose through any manner, mode of delivery or media now known or developed in the future (e.g., including to anonymize or re-purpose such content). In addition, we have no obligation to use, or to continue to use, any of your User Content. You retain sole authorship responsibility for any User Content you post, upload or embed to our Services regardless of whether Joy of Mom modifies your User Content (including if we anonymize such content).
7. NON-TRANSFERABILITY OF MEMBERSHIP Your right to use this site is personal to you and you may not sub-license, transfer, sell or assign this agreement to any third party without our approval. Any attempt to do so will be void and may result in the cancellation of your account.
8. SPONSORS, THIRD PARTIES AND ADVERTISERS Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, sponsors, third parties or advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such sponsor, third party or advertiser. You agree that JOM shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such sponsors, third parties or advertisers on the Service.
9. LINKS JOM may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because JOM has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that JOM is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that JOM shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: a. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. JOM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. JOM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, (vi) OR THAT THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND THE SERVERS ON WHICH THE WEB SITE AND CONTENT ARE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
c. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
d. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM JOM OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
e. THIS WEB SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES, MARKET DATA, STOCK QUOTES OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY JOM OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT IN THIS SITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING THE MARKET DATA, IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. SUCH CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAX OR INVESTMENT ADVICE AND IT DOES NOT ADVOCATE THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT.
f. INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON THE SITE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY JOM AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT JOM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF JOM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
12. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 6 AND 7 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. TRADEMARK AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFORMATION All materials on this site (“Online Materials”), including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, images, articles, columns, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, software, and other elements making up the Service are protected by copyrights and other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by JOM or by other parties that have licensed their material to JOM. Except as specifically provided herein, no Online Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose, without the prior written permission of their respective owners. You may not add, delete, distort, or otherwise modify the content on this site. Any unauthorized attempt to modify any Online Material, to defeat security features, or to utilize this site for other than its intended purposes is prohibited.
Joyofmom.com and other logos and product and service names are trademarks of Joyofmom.com. All other trademarks appearing on the Site are trademarks of their respective owners and our reference to them does not imply or indicate any approval or endorsement by their owners unless such approval or endorsement is expressly made. It is understood that JOM is a content and social networking site and service and that references to other names and trademarks are necessary in the course of providing news and commentary about the subjects that this site covers. JOM will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and you believe that any content on one of JOM’s sites infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) By following the directions on our DMCA page.
14. NON-WAIVER The failure of JOM to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
15. HEADINGS FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
16. VIOLATIONS Please report any violations of the TOS to our Customer Care group: (email address)
17. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify, defend and hold JOM harmless from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to any breach by you of any terms of this Agreement.
18. LETTERS OR OTHER SUCH COMMENTS OR MATERIALS You agree that any content submitted by you to JOM through our corporate office, “Question of the Moment” or commenting features will become the property of GT Media, Inc. once you hit the “Submit” button without compensation to you. JOM reserves the right to: · Delete your entry at its discretion. · Publish or not publish such entry, at its discretion on its Website www.joyofmom.com · Retain your entry on its Website for perpetuity or until such time as it deems your entry no longer relevant to include on its Website. · Utilize your entry as it deems appropriate but in no event will your letter be sold to any third party. Any comments, materials, or letters sent by you to JOM regarding the site, including without limitation, questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms or the like (“Received Materials”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights unless you 1) E-mail that information to JOM using the form on this web page (link) and 2) Explicitly state in the correspondence that the letter is “not for publication” and contains “private and proprietary” information that may not be distributed. JOM shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Received Materials and JOM will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, edit, abridge, create derivative works from and/or distribute the Received Materials without limitation or restriction. Furthermore, JOM is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to JOM for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including you.
19. PRIVACY You can read JOM’s privacy statement here.
20. RESTRICTIONS ON USE You may not use JOM or its content for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions. You agree to use JOM solely for your own noncommercial use and benefit and not for resale or other transfer or disposition to any other person or entity.
21. SEVERABILITY If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable, the provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in force.
22. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement and any other terms and conditions of service on https://joyofmom.com constitute the entire agreement between you and JOM and govern your use of the Service.
23. REFUSAL OR DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE JOM reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any user for non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
24. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Any dispute arising from the terms of this agreement or breach of this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and you agree to personal jurisdiction by the state and federal courts sitting in Chicago, Illinois. The parties hereby expressly waive trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim brought by either of the parties against the other on any matters whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms and Conditions and agree to submit to binding arbitration.