Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Facebook and Instagram is in no way associated with this giveaway.
Timing. The contest will run until 3:00p.m. CT on Sunday, June 19th. The Joy of Mom computer is the official time keeping device for the contest.
Eligibility. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and cannot be employed by Joy of Mom. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
Via Instagram: Post your video from your Instagram account and include the title of your video, #JOMfathersday. Enter using only an Instagram account registered in your name
The Winners. The Winnerwill be selected by Wednesday, June 22. The winner will be notified by Instagram. Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges who will evaluate each Entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Originality & overall artistic impression (25%)
- Audience appeal & entertainment quality (25%)
- Sense that there’s a story being told (25%)
- Portraying child’s perspective (25%)
Winner will have 3 days to respond to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
Prize. The winner of the contest will receive a $200 Best Buy Gift Card for their dad.
- Any music included in a video must be original: all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by you. The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party and must not infringe on third-party rights. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Sponsor may either disqualify your entry or Sponsor may dub over the music with music selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- No third party trademarks/logos/intellectual property. Be careful that your video and/or caption doesn’t inadvertently contain another company’s trademark, logo or intellectual property because that may cause your video to be disqualified. Examples to watch for: a trademark/logo on a baseball cap, sneakers or t-shirt or a trademark/logo on a toy. Sponsor may elect to blur incidental third party trademarks or logos in videos at its sole discretion.
Release. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for: (1) technical delays or failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention during any part of the Giveaway, (3) technical or human error during the administration or processing of the Giveaway, or (4) any loss, injury, or damage caused, whether directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading data or otherwise participating in the Giveaway. By entering into this Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Additional Terms. Joy of Mom reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway or, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Joy of Mom reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Chicago, Il. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Illinois and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out- of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.