Spring YUM: Chocolate + Fresh Berries Chia Pudding
We all love chocolate. Most of us have heard of chia seeds. Put them together, and this recipe can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack. Either way it’s delicious.
This recipe is for all my breakfast lovers out there, and for those of you who are always on the look out for an easy, delicious and nutritious way to start your day.
Coconut yogurt is optional here, but I do suggest it if you are wanting just a big more substance to help you stay fuller longer whilst at work, school or on the go!
I hope you all love this Jar of Goodness because it is:
- Fuss Free
- Requires 7 ingredients
- Super Healthy
- Refreshing for Summer
You can enjoy this breakfast alongside a delicious smoothie! If you choose to start your day like this, I can almost guarantee you are going to have a super energized day.
CHOCOLATE + FRESH BERRIES CHIA PUDDING
- For the Pudding:
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds – I used Salba Chia seeds
- 10 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp of coconut nectar (honey works too)
- ½ a cup of blueberries
- Some cherries or strawberries or both!
- 2 passion fruits
- Into a medium sized mason jar, add all of the ingredients for the pudding.
- Seal the clean jar, and shake a few seconds till all of the ingredients look evenly distributed.
- You can now set the jar in the fridge for around 20 minutes, but at 10 minutes remove the jar and shake again to avoid the pudding from sticking to the sides (you might have to remove the lid and use a spoon to smoosh down the sides).
- Once your pudding is ready you can begin to assemble your bowl or jar (I like to use a jar for photos but i bowl is totally cool) simply by adding your pudding, then layering it between lovely fresh fruits!
Photo Courtesy of Maria Koutsogiannis